Earthquake Retrofitting in Orange County, San Diego & Los Angeles Counties, CA
If you live in Southern California, you know the danger that is looming from earthquakes. It’s essential that your home is anchored should an earthquake happen. Earthquake/Seismic retrofitting is the solution for any home that may not have been properly anchored when it was first built.
Whether you’re buying a new home or planning to live in your current home for years to come, it’s important to make sure that it’s structurally sound. The following checklist will help you determine whether your home is properly connected and reinforced to withstand an earthquake.
The Process: Do You Need Earthquake Retrofitting?
We offer free estimates to homeowners and can check your California property to see if you may need earthquake retrofitting. Here is a bit more information about the process:
- Wood walls around the perimeter of the home are secured to the foundation, using anchors, bolts, sill plate connectors and hold-downs.
- Metal strap ties or hold-downs are used to connect the second floor to the first floor.
- Structure to Foundation Connection: Beams and joists are joined together with metal connectors and fasteners (the critical points within the frame of a home are where the two pieces of framing material meet).
- Metal connectors are added to connect the roof to the wall top plate.
- Post-to-beam connections are reinforced with metal connectors.
- Minor foundation wall cracks are repaired with epoxy.
Every project is different, especially when it comes to Seismic Retrofitting. Feel Free to contact us at 951-379-3431 or complete our contact form to schedule an inspection today.