5 Common Signs of Settling Foundations
In our September 24th Tip Of The Day, Justin discusses the 5 most common signs of a settling foundation.
Click the following to see the tip of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=yoadPs0On_w&t=33s
Here in Southern California, the most common signs of settling foundations are:
- Sticking Windows: This is a good indication that your foundation has settled as the window is no longer square inside its frame.
- Sticking Doors: This typically means the door is no longer square inside its frame, indicating settlement issues.
- Cracks Coming From Door and Window Frames: If you see crack coming from the corners of windows and door frames inside your home, these could very well mean that your homes foundation is settling.
- Stair-step cracking: This type of cracking is commonly seen on the outside of the home in the stucco or even in retaining walls.
- Separation or pulling away of chimneys or ﬁreplaces: If a ﬁreplace or chimney is pulling away from the home, this is very much an indication that the home is facing settlement issues.
Choose Dalinghaus Construction In Southern California
If you feel that your home is experiencing settlement issue and any the 5 most common signs are present in your home, please give us a call today, and we will gladly set you up with one of our specialist for your free in home estimate. Dalinghaus Construction proudly services all of Southern California, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Riverside, San Diego and all the places in between