Foundation Repair In The City of Orange, CA
Dalinghaus Construction is a leading foundation repair contractor proudly serving the Orange, CA area. We specialize in hillside stabilization, crawl space repairs and foundation leveling for residential and commercial properties. With over 2200 successful projects since 2015, Dalinghaus Construction has earned a reputation as the trusted source of quality foundation repair services in Orange County. Our team of experienced professionals have the expertise to handle any job big or small with precision accuracy and attention to detail that you can count on.
What are the signs of foundation problems in Orange, CA?
If you notice any of the following signs of foundation problems, it is highly recommended to seek a professional evaluation of your foundation’s structural integrity.
- Uneven or sloping floors
- Cracks on walls, ceiling and/or flooring
- Gaps between the walls and ceilings, floors or wall corners
- Sticking doors and windows
- Leaning, tilting chimneys
- Bowing, buckling retaining walls
- Wall cracks along windows, doors and foundations
Living in Orange, CA can present unique challenges when it comes to foundation problems. Homeowners often experience soil types that are prone to differential settlement and shifting which can cause doors and windows to become misaligned or even stuck. The soil composition of the area is also vulnerable to soil expansion and contraction due to changes in temperature, moisture levels, and other environmental factors. These conditions require special attention from a trusted professional with experience dealing with foundations in the area. Dalinghaus Construction provides quality foundation repair services in Southern California and our team of experts is here to help you keep your home safe from foundation damage.
What does the foundation repair process look like?
The foundation repair process for a homeowner in Orange, CA begins with a foundation inspection, conducted by one of our knowledgeable inspectors. During the inspection, a scaled home diagram and floor elevation measurements are taken in order to properly evaluate the property. The second step is to create a repair plan based on what was found during the initial inspection. This includes a full report, a CAD drawing of your property, and a recommendation for the repair plan. Lastly, the third step consists of making repairs based on the proposed plan and required city permits.
What are the most common methods for foundation repair?
Two common methods of foundation repair are push piers and helical piers. Push piers are tall metal posts that are driven into the ground to lift and stabilize sinking foundations. Helical piers work similarly but have screw-like blades at their base that help to anchor them in place without damaging the surrounding soil. Hillside stabilization is another type of foundation repair which involves reinforcing walls or terraces on steep slopes to prevent landslides or movement due to erosion.
How are foundation cracks repaired?
Foundation cracks can be repaired in several ways. Epoxy foundation crack repair is one way. This involves filling the cracks with a special type of glue-like substance called epoxy. Carbon fiber stitching is another way to fix foundation cracks and it uses tiny pieces of carbon fibers that are stitched into the foundation wall or concrete slab to give it extra strength and stop any more cracking from happening.
8 reasons to repair your foundation in Orange, CA
- A home’s foundation is essential to structural integrity and can affect the safety of everyone living in the house if it is not properly maintained.
- Foundation repair prevents small problems from escalating, which can save money in the long run, as any damage that occurs due to a faulty foundation will need to be addressed quickly and may become much more expensive over time.
- Foundations are often linked to other parts of a house, such as walls, windows, and doors. An unstable foundation could cause damage to these other areas of the home if left unchecked.
- If foundations are not regularly checked for issues, water can begin to seep into the home through cracks or gaps in the foundation and this can lead to extensive water damage that is costly and time-consuming to fix.
- As foundations settle over time due to varying weather conditions (such as extreme cold or heat), they can become uneven which causes uneven floors and walls within a house, making it harder to move furniture around or even walk comfortably inside of it.
- Foundation repairs help maintain property value; anyone who plans on selling their home needs an inspection beforehand since potential buyers will want assurance that all foundational issues have been addressed before they purchase the house.
- In some cases, building codes may require certain types of foundation repairs be done before any construction project is permitted within a specified area; if these repairs are not done then fines may be issued by local law enforcement officials if found out upon inspection by them later on down the road.
- Finally, even without any of these pressing reasons mentioned above, repairing a home’s foundation just makes sense from a financial standpoint since it adds stability and increases the longevity of one’s investment in their own residence!
Next steps – schedule your free foundation evaluation
Foundation repair is key to maintaining the structural integrity and safety of your home. It prevents small issues from escalating, helps prevent water damage, maintains property value, and keeps floors even. Foundations are a long-term investment that should be taken seriously as they can affect other parts of a house if left unchecked. If you’re in Orange, CA or its surrounding areas, we highly recommend requesting a free foundation evaluation to ensure your property remains safe and secure for years to come. Our team of experts are ready and waiting to help you with any necessary repairs so don’t hesitate – contact us today!